My Guide Website?
Gay Berlin Tour: Out in Schöneberg185 Reviews
Experience an exciting tour of the historical traces of Berlin's oldest gay neighborhood, the rainbow quarter of north Schöneberg, between Dennewitzstraße and Nollendorfplatz. Learn about how the district became what it is today and what the future holds.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the location of the famous Hollandais club, where the famous balls took place each season between 1923 and 1933
- Visit the location of the Nationalhof, the gay rights movement's ballroom between 1924 and 1932
- Discover the lesbian quarter along the Schwerin Straße
- See the Motzstraße scene, and the Eldorado, a famous Cabaret
- Get the feel for the swinging Berlin of the 1920s
- Visit Christopher Isherwood's house on Nollendorfstraße
- See the place where the famous Kleist Casino was to be found in the 1920s
- Wander down Eisenacher Straße, which still today reflects the varied life of the gay neighborhood
DescriptionSince the early 1920s, the area round Nollendorfplatz has been one of the most famous gay neighborhoods in the world. Nowhere else in Berlin was there a greater density of simple pubs and dance halls, sophisticated bars and clubs exclusive to the gay community. Come along to tour the remaining traces of this historic world in the north of Schöneberg and learn about the people that thronged this multifaceted gay and lesbian district between the end of World War I and the accession of the Nazi Party. The quarter began to bloom again as West Berlin's only gay district from the end of the 1960s, up to the present day. Schöneberg is still known for its particularly tolerant attitude and its variety, characteristics which, 100 years ago, contributed to the area's fame, notoriety, and attractiveness for the local and international community. Join in with this fascinating tour on a trip through time, and discover the Queer history of Berlin.
- Special dates, times and meeting points for a tour can be arranged for you and your group according to your wishes
- Please name these when telephoning