My Guide Website?
Berlin: African Quarter Historical Guided Walking Tour18 Reviews
Explore the history of the African Quarter on a guided walking tour in Berlin's Wedding district. Immerse yourself in the tangled history between Germany and several African nations.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Museum Island & Public Transport
- Berlin: 3-Hour Secret Food Tour
- Berlin: Historic Backyards Self-guided Neighbourhood Walk
- Berlin: Reichstag, Plenary Chamber, Cupola & Government Tour
- From Berlin: Half-Day Sachsenhausen Memorial Walking Tour
- Step back in time as you explore the African Quarter and its facinating history
- Find out why the streets in Wedding are named after African cities or countries
- Uncover how the industrial revolution impacted German international relations
- Experience a change of perspective by discussing the impact of past events
- Get to know the vibrant African Quarter in the Wedding district like a local
DescriptionEmbark on an enriching story of history between the relations of African nations and Germany on this guided walking tour of the African Quarter. Learn important insights into the impact this story had on Berlin's Wedding district. Join our knowledgeable guides at the crossing of Swakopmunderstrasse and Afrikanische Straße. Greeted with a warm introduction to the Quarter. Gain insights into the vast neighborhood and demographic makeup. Delving deeper into the heart of the African Quarter, a map of the neighborhood will be shown to help guide your understanding of where exactly you are in Berlin. Uncover stories behind the street names each revealing legacies that are still experienced today. Unveiling the connections between Germany and various African nations in the 20th century. Visit the African Quarter to see colonial footprints in six nations in Africa that were colonized by Germany. Discover the important tale of Swakopmund and its enduring legacy in a town in Namibia that still has the same name today. Journey to Petersallee to learn about Carl Peter's activities in East Africa. Immerse yourselves in stories about how Gustav Nachtigal and Adolf Lüderitz worked together during the colonial era and gain vital information into resistance’s that fought against colonial rule. Culminating you to reach the Congo Strait, where your tour guide explains to you the pivotal Congo Conference and its significant impact in reshaping Africa. Bid farewell to your experience at Rehberge subway station, where you can see a memorial plaque as a reminder of the profound impact of your journey and discuss the tour's topics.
IncludesWalking tour Guide Water on warm days
- This tour takes place rain or shine