My Guide Website?
- Take a walking tour focused on the stories and achievements of extraordinary women
- Learn about figures like Rosa Luxemburg, Marlene Dietrich, and Regina Jonas
- Stroll through Musuem Island and the Mitte district
- Explore the differing politics of feminism in East and West, and the inequality which still persists today
DescriptionFind out all about feminism, fascism, resistance, and the fight for equality through the lives of the women of Berlin. Start your tour at Hackescher Markt, in the heart of Berlin's Mitte district. Cross over Museum Island and walk through the charming city center streets as you learn about Berlin's many extraordinary women. Discover the known and lesser known stories of feminist May Ayim, the world's first female Rabbi Regina Jonas, hear about Rosa Luxemburg and Marlene Dietrich, and learn how German women were left to remove the rubble from post-WWII Berlin’s streets by hand in 1945. Hear the story of how one girl that grew up in East Germany became one of the most powerful and respected world leaders of the modern age. Discuss the differing politics of feminism in East and West Germany, and take a hard look at the inequality which is still present in Berlin today.
IncludesExpert, professional guide
- This tour will take place rain or shine