My Guide Website?
Nazi Berlin and the Jewish Community Tour43 Reviews
On this tour, you will visit the Nazi-Headquarters to learn about the dictatorship and visit the old Jewish quarter with traces of the community and the deportation of the Berlin Jews.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Museum Island & Public Transport
- Berlin: 3-Hour Secret Food Tour
- Berlin: Historic Backyards Self-guided Neighbourhood Walk
- Berlin: Reichstag, Plenary Chamber, Cupola & Government Tour
- From Berlin: Half-Day Sachsenhausen Memorial Walking Tour
- Discover how Hitler's rise to power in 1933
- See the New Synagogue of Berlin from the 19th Century
- Hear stories of the German Resistance
- Go to the Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt
DescriptionWith this guided tour, you will discover how Hitler's rise to power in 1933 was made possible, along with all the secrets of the captivating and tragic relationship between the Christian Berliners and the Jewish world. Your guide will take you with public transport to the historical district of the Jewish community, where you will see the oldest Jewish cemetery, the imposing New Sanagogue, with its golden dome. You will learn about the long history of the Berlin Jews in this city untill the Nazis came to power and the mechanisms of forced labour and the deportations during World War II. Your guide will take you at the end of the tour to a museum showing the story of a Righteous Among the Nations and his efforts to protect his Jewish workers from persecution and deportation. When the threat grew ever greater he found places for some of them to hide - one of these was on the premises of what is now the museum.
IncludesTour guide (French or Italian-speaking)
- You need an AB public transport ticket.