My Guide Website?
Berlin: Walking Tour of Prenzlauer Berg5 Reviews
Explore Berlin's varied and colorful Prenzlauer Berg on this half-day walking tour. Learn about the history of this part of Berlin and how it has become the desirable district that it is today.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg District Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Alternative Berlin Walking Tour
- Berlin: Sights and Highlights Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Berlin: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus with Boat Options
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Discounts & Transport Berlin Zones (ABC)
- Spend a half-day cycling Berlin's colorful Prenzlauer Berg
- Get familiar with Prenzlauer Berg's bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs
- Try a currywurst, Berlin's street food mainstay
- See the oldest beer garden in Berlin
- View well-preserved examples of industrial architecture at the Kulturbrauerei
DescriptionNo other district in East Berlin was home to such an eclectic mix of residents as Prenzlauer Berg. Laborers, artists, gays and lesbians, punks and squatters as well as many opponents to the government made their home here. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, the make-up of this district changed quickly. The destruction throughout World War 2 was minimal, and in the GDR times, new building construction took place in the suburbs. A lot of change has taken place since 1989. The “natives” of Prenzlauer Berg have long disappeared. The new occupants are well-off people, who can afford the higher rents, and those with young families. Prenzlauer Berg is the now the district with the most children in Berlin. On our walking tour, we will show you why so many people choose to make this area their home. Countless pubs, restaurants, cafes, galleries and little shops create a day and nightlife atmosphere unrivaled in the rest of Berlin.
IncludesServices of an English-speaking guide
- Our tours take place in all weather conditions, even if it is raining or cold. In the event of rain we offer the free use of rain ponchos.