My Guide Website?
Berlin: Charité Walking Tour246 Reviews
Learn about the unique history of the Berlin Charité and follow in the footsteps of famous physicians such as Rudolf Virchow, Emil von Behring, Robert Koch and Ferdinand Sauerbruch.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a moving journey through 300 years of medical history in Berlin
- Learn about the city's most famous scientists and Nobel Prize winners
- Hear interesting facts about Berlin's sometimes obscure history with medicine
- Discover a mysterious 'medicine temple', Berlin's oldest teaching building
- Look at Berlin Charité, one of Europe's most important hospitals, from outside
DescriptionListen to the fascinating stories of life and death that the Berlin Charité has to tell. Hear about its history, starting in the 18th century with a plague house that would later develop into what it is today: one of the most important university hospitals in Europe. Join your guide and learn about famous doctors, scientists, and Nobel Prize winners, such as Rudolf Virchow, Emil von Behring, Robert Koch, and Ferdinand Sauerbruch. Learn interesting facts about the geniuses of Berlin medicine and the dark times of the institution, when doctors collaborated with the Nazi regime. Visit a mysterious 'medicine temple', Berlin's oldest surviving teaching building, hidden in a backyard. Start your tour at the Charité Bed House, which you'll view from the outside. Then walk along Luisenstraße, and across the university campus. Since the start of the pandemic in 2020, the hospital grounds (Charité Campus Mitte) are no longer open to the public. Finally, visit Berlin's oldest surviving teaching building from the inside.
- The tour does not go inside the Charité Bed House. The building is a hospital facility with corresponding protection and hygiene regulations.