My Guide Website?
Plenary Chamber, Dome & Government District Tour
, Mitte, Berlin https://www.myguideberlin.com/events/plenary-chamber-dome-government-district-tour
Berlin: Plenary Chamber, Dome & Government District Tour Make Enquiry
- Explore the political and historical background of Berlin and see the parliament and government district of the capital
- Visit the Plenarsaal and/or the dome of the Reichstag
- Learn more about the history of Berlin
- Get a look behind the scenes of what is going on in the Reichstag building
- Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of Berlin and hear interesting stories from your expert guide
DescriptionOn this guided tour of the parliament and government district of Berlin, you will get acquainted with some of Germany's political history. Begin your journey at the parliament and government district. Cross the historical sector border and get interesting information on the Reichstag building and its complicated location at the Berlin Wall. Next, climb the dome of the Reichstag to learn more about the tasks and duties of the Bundestag. Hear the fascinating story behind the Reichstag building, its transformation into a modern landmark designed by Lord Foster, and about the interesting ecological concept Foster's work was built upon. Experience Berlin from above, enjoy the city's skyline, and learn more about the history of the city.
IncludesGuided tour Registration for free visit of the Reichstag's dome (depending on weather conditions, security situation and conferences - not guaranteed!)
- On certain dates, the visit to the dome can be combined with a visit to the Plenarsaal to hear a free speech of the Bundestag (45 minutes, no guarantee)
- The Bundestag may cancel bookings to visit the dome on short notice
- The time booked cannot always be guaranteed. Please make sure your itinerary is not too crowded, since the actual tour may take place up to 2 hours later than scheduled
- The dome of the Reichstag can be visited for free