My Guide Website?
From Berlin: Private Guided Dresden Day Trip by Train
Discover the highlights of Dresden on a private full-day tour from Berlin by train. Explore iconic landmarks like the Zwinger, Holy Cross Church, Dresden Castle, Semperoper, Brühl’s Terrace, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg District Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Alternative Berlin Walking Tour
- Berlin: Sights and Highlights Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Berlin: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus with Boat Options
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Discounts & Transport Berlin Zones (ABC)
- Bask in the timeless beauty of Dresden as you take a stroll along its streets
- Enjoy a full-day tour and avoid the traffic by traveling on a comfortable train
- Visit landmarks like as the Semperope, Brühl’s Terrace, and Dresden Castle
- Witness the stunning architecture of Dresden's famous churches with a guide
- Admire the splendor of the Zwinger palace and gardens, a Baroque masterpiece
DescriptionEmbark on a full-day tour to Dresden from Berlin, with roundtrip train tickets. Explore iconic landmarks like Dresden Cathedral, Dresden Castle, Semperoper, Zwinger, and more on a walking tour with a private guide. Conclude with a leisurely stroll along Brühl’s Terrace. Start your day trip at Berlin’s main station. Travel by train to skip road traffic. If you choose the fully guided option, your guide will accompany you from Berlin, introducing you to Dresden’s history on the way. With the second option, meet your guide upon arrival in Dresden. Begin your walking tour with a visit to one of Dresden’s most iconic landmarks, the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, also called the Dresden Cathedral. Gaze in awe at the splendid exterior of the youngest Baroque building in Dresden, first built in the 11th century in a Romanesque style. Continue to the Dresden Castle, which was the residence of the important electors and kings for a long time. Admire a marvelous mix of different architectural styles from Baroque to Neo-renaissance. Continue your sightseeing and discover the Semperoper opera house and concert hall. Visit the richly decorated Zwinger palace and gardens, one of the most important buildings of Baroque Germany. Discover churches including the Romanesque Kreuzkirche and the Baroque Frauenkirche. Marvel at their outstanding interior while learning about their history from your guide. Finish your sightseeing with a visit to the Brühl’s Terrace, nicknamed the 'Balcony of Europe”, a charming promenade that is ideal for a relaxing walk. Enjoy a lovely view from high above the bank of the river Elbe. Enjoy 1 hour of free exploration before returning to Berlin.
IncludesPrivate tour from Berlin to Dresden (fully or partially guided) Roundtrip train tickets from Berlin to Dresden Licensed guide 4-hour walking tour in Dresden Entry to free parts of the Dresden Cathedral, Dresden Castle, Semperoper, Zwinger
- Dresden Castle is closed on Tuesday, so entry won’t be possible Entry to churches during masses and special events is restricted, in which case, the guide will provide all the information from the outside Lunch in Dresden can be arranged upon request