My Guide Website?
From Berlin: Potsdam Half-Day Guided Tour106 Reviews
Stroll through the beautiful town of Potsdam, experience the magnificent Sanssouci palace and gardens (UNESCO World Heritage site) and learn all about the rise and fall of Prussia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Potsdam and the UNESCO World Heritage Sans Souci Park
- Treat your eyes with the beauty of the picture-perfect palace gardens
- Learn about the rise and fall of the mighty Kings of Prussia
- See the impressive Venetian mosaic in the solemn Church of Peace
- Find out why Germans leave potatoes on Frederick the Great’s grave
DescriptionBerlin without Potsdam is like Paris without Versailles - leave Berlin without a trip to its royal residence, and you can't say that you've seen it all. Potsdam's fairy-tale landscapes are inviting and playful, and make any walk a delightful experience. Set off with your expert guide to marvel at the impressive architecture of Potsdam's historic city centre. Then, continue through the tree-lined avenues of the famous and impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sanssouci Gardens with decorative fountains, ornate flower beds, and splendid palaces. From the ridiculous to the impressive, from the ineffective to the mighty, you’ll learn how Prussia rose from a minor European power to the foundation of the German Empire! Discover where Wilhelm II fled Germany at the end of World War I, see the impressive Venetian mosaic in the solemn Church of Peace, and find out just why Germans leave potatoes on Frederick the Great’s grave! Enjoy this relaxed 4 hour trip from Berlin ending right in front of Sanssouci Palace. After that, it's up to you if you want to see more of Potsdam or the Palaces on your own, or accompany your guide back to Berlin.
- The tour will make use of public transportation the costs of which are not included. You will need an ABC transport ticket (day pass recommended)