My Guide Website?
Berlin Wall: Small Group Guided Tour189 Reviews
Follow the traces of the Berlin wall on this group tour (maximum 12 people) through the formerly-divided city. Hear real stories of families separated by the wall, see the former death-strip with its distinctive cherry trees and visit the wall memorials.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the former border crossing at Bornholmer Straße
- Discover the cherry trees along the former death-strip
- Walk along the well-known Ulbrichtkurve
- Walk over the Schwedter Steg Bridge near the Mauerpark
- Visit the Gleim Tunnel, where a huge party takes place every year
DescriptionDive right into the history of Berlin. Take a walking tour of the Berlin Wall, starting from Bornholmer Straße, a place steeped in history: it was here that the first Berliners from East and West met and rejoiced together on the day the wall fell and the unified German nation was reborn. Walking along the former death strip, you will see traces of the wall, sometimes only detectable by experts. Discover how these traces are being documented, and learn the strange history of the cherry trees that grew the length of the wall. Visit the wall memorials, and the Mauerpark – today one of the capital's liveliest cultural and social centers. Relax over coffee along the way and make tracks finally to the Nordbahnhof, a former ghost station, where the tour ends.
IncludesGuide Extras Rain poncho (if necessary)
- This tour takes place in all weathers. On rainy days, rain ponchos will be provided
- A minimum number of 2 participants is required for this tour. If the minimum number is not reached, the tour operator reserves the right to cancel the tour at short notice, and will notify you accordingly.
- The cancellation deadline for tours with groups of three or more persons is 3 days before the scheduled tour