My Guide Website?
Berlin Wall History Small Group Cycling Tour131 Reviews
In small groups (min. 3 pax - max. 8 pax), follow the traces of the Berlin Wall. See the last remaining watchtowers and parts of the so-called Death Strip. Hear some tragic and fateful stories.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cross at the former border-control at Bornholmer Straße and cycle through Mauerpark
- See the Wall Memorials at Bernauer Straße and visit the ghost-station and border-crossing at Chausseestraße
- Experience the Invaliden Graveyard and see the former border-crossing at Invalidenstraße
- Ride along the Government Bank to the 'Parliament of Trees'
- Discover the famous Brandenburg Gate, Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie, and the Tränenpalast on Friedrichstraße
DescriptionExperience an interesting and informative cycle-tour of Berlin following the route of the Berlin Wall – the Mauerweg. Although very little of the wall is left today, some traces can still be found between the former border control stations at Bornholmer Straße and Checkpoint Charlie. You will begin your journey through history in the place where it all ended: on the Square of the 9th November 1989 – where the first East German citizens crossed the border. Discover how the cherry trees came to be grown on Bornholmer Straße and see the original watchtower and the death-strip. Follow the pictures of rabbits on the ground, to the Brandenburg Gate and on through it to the Tränenpalast, 'Palace of Tears,' on Friedrichstraße. Ride past the Friedrichstadt Palace, the Museum Island, the New Synagogue and the Old Berlin Post Office.
IncludesBicycle Fees City guide Rain Poncho (if necessary)
- This tour takes place in all weathers. On rainy days, you'll be given a rain poncho