My Guide Website?
Berlin: Highlights of Berlin Walking Shared or Private Tour358 Reviews
Get to know Berlin like an insider! See the secret side of Berlin and all of the city's main sights on a walking tour of its center. Walk through the Brandenburg Gate, visit the Reichstag, pass Checkpoint Charlie, touch the Berlin Wall, and much more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Museum Island & Public Transport
- Berlin: 3-Hour Secret Food Tour
- Berlin: Historic Backyards Self-guided Neighbourhood Walk
- Berlin: Reichstag, Plenary Chamber, Cupola & Government Tour
- From Berlin: Half-Day Sachsenhausen Memorial Walking Tour
- Visit the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, and the Holocaust Memorial
- See where President Reagan spoke the words: 'Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!'
- Learn how Berlin has transformed from the city divided into a united capital
- Upgrade to a private tour and receive complimentary hotel pickup service
DescriptionExplore Berlin like a local on a walking tour that covers its main sights and uncovers some hidden locations. You will be in the company of expert city resident guides that are keen to share their knowledge of Berlin’s tumultuous past and exciting future. Since the return of the German capital to Berlin nothing has stayed the same, and this has resulted in the largest construction effort in modern history. Berlin truly is a city at the crossroads of a turbulent past, while in the process of forging an optimistic future. As New Europe gravitates back towards its center, Berlin prepares to play the role of gateway between the East and West – this time as a European metropolis. Arrive in the East to Hackescher Markt and hear all about the former Jewish Quarter. See Museum Island and get the scoop on the best times to visit the museums. Pass over the line of the Death Strip to the exact location above Hitler's Bunker and under the Brandenburg Gate, the symbol of a reunited Berlin. Then, take a moment to reflect at the Memorial for the Murdered Jews of Europe, before walking through the intersection of Checkpoint Charlie. The tour ends with an account of the momentous events that led to the fall of the Berlin Wall while standing amidst the heart of the East German Government Quarter and the New Berlin. Get a glimpse into what it´s like living in New Berlin, where East and West are no boundaries.
- Tours operate rain or shine, every day
- You can join the Insider Famous Walk at either their meeting point East or West
- From 1 April to 31 October there is also an afternoon tour, departing from the West meeting point at 1:30 PM and the East meeting point at 2:00 PM