My Guide Website?
Berlin: DDR Museum Tickets1645 Reviews
Dive right into history at the DDR Museum. Rummage through cupboards and drawers in originally furnished rooms and drive a Trabant. Dance to East German Rock and play football.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin: Sights and Highlights Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg District Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Battle for Seelow Heights WW2 tour -Clash of Titans
- Berlin: African Quarter Historical Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Kreuzberg, Self-guided Neighbourhood Walk
- Explore history that you can touch in Berlin's DDR Museum
- See reconstructed DDR-era apartments, filled with authentic products
- Experience history with all your senses
- Be part of an interactive and dynamic exhibition
DescriptionVisit the DDR Museum, where the history of East Germany (often called by its German acronym, DDR, instead of the English, GDR) is made tangible. See reconstructions of DDR apartments and learn about daily life under the communist regime. The items in the museum are not hidden away in cases, but wait to be properly discovered. You can pull out drawers, open cupboards, reach inside and browse. Climb into an original Trabant, turn the ignition – and off it goes. Experience an exciting simulated voyage through the prefabricated districts accompanied by the typical Trabant noises. Turn on the television in a typical East German living-room and rifle through the Karat wall-cupboard, one of the most evocative home-furnishings of the GDR era. Smell the spices on the shelf and see the pressure-cooker on the stove. Watch news-reports sitting in an original cinema stall, or dance to Lipsi, East Germany's answer to rock-and-roll.
IncludesEntry to the DDR Museum
- Children up to 5 get free entry The museum is open from Monday - Sunday from 9am to 9pm (except December 24th and 31st: 9am to 4pm)