My Guide Website?
Berlin: Berlin Wall and the Cold War Walking Tour10 Reviews
For decades after the Second World War, there were two Berlins: one a bastion of the West behind the Iron Curtain, the other a capital city vying to demonstrate the superiority of Communism. Learn how the city became one again.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Wall Memorial and hear about life in a divided city
- Hear stories of daring escapes at the Wall memorial Bernauer Straße
- Choose between a shared or private tour
- See where Berlin was cut in two overnight by the Berlin Wall
DescriptionSee where Berlin was cut in two overnight by the Berlin Wall on the excellent 2-hour walking tour. Experience a time when Berlin was divided into the capitalist West and the communist East. Uncover life in East Germany, where neighbours were encouraged to spy on one another, and escaping across the Berlin Wall was a deadly temptation. Since Germany reuinifed the signs of the old East have slowly but surely been disappearing. Uncover the secrets of old communist Berlin with an expert guide. Ask the tough questions about the secret police, see where escape tunnels were built beneath the Wall, and experience the history of a country that no longer exists. Find out how the Berlin Wall was set up secretly overnight in 1961 on this fascinating walk. See memorials for those who lost their lives trying to get to the West, and discuss what life in East Germany was really like.
IncludesEnglish speaking guide
- This tour will make use of public transportation the costs of which are not inclusive Please bring along a valid AB public transport ticket (EUR 8.80 per person for a day pass; prices correct as of September 2021; prices subject to change)