My Guide Website?
Berlin and Sachsenhausen: Shore Trip from Warnemünde Port8 Reviews
Designed for cruise ship passengers docking in Warnemünde/Rostock, this full-day tour shows you the very best of Berlin and visits the memorial site at the former Sachsenhausen concentration camp.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel to Berlin directly from your cruise ship in an air-conditioned bus
- See the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, and much more
- Visit Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial and learn about the Nazi crimes
- Gain rich insights into German history & contemporary culture from local guide
- Return to port with a company that's never missed a ship's departure
DescriptionTimed to your arrival in the port of Rostock, your day trip to Berlin begins shortly after your arrival with pickup in a comfortable, air-conditioned bus. Head straight to Berlin to see the vivacious city’s most stunning sights. Tour the government quarter, replete with stately buildings and monuments, like the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz, the Tiergarten, the Memorial to the Murdered Jews, and Hitler's bunker. From there, head south through Potsdamer Platz to see the remains of the Berlin Wall, the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo, and Checkpoint Charlie. Time permitting, you’ll head up Friedrichstrasse to the classic heart of the German capital, which includes Gendarmenmarkt, one of the city’s most ornate squares, Unter den Linden, downtown Berlin’s central arterial, Museum Island, and the former Royal Palace of Berlin, which is currently being rebuilt. After lunch, bus to the northern outskirts of Berlin to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial for a 60 to 75-minute visit, led by an expert guide. Learn firsthand of the atrocities carried out under Nazi rule as you tour the well-preserved concentration camp. Afterwards, you’ll be whisked back to your cruise ship, in perfect time for your departure.
IncludesCruise ship pickup and drop-off Modern, air-conditioned transportation Professional, English-speaking tour guide in Berlin and Sachsenhausen Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial donation entrance fees
- • At Sachsenhausen, there will be no opportunity to buy lunch
- This tour includes some moderate walking
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages, and for lunch. Your tour guide can also arrange a stop at an ATM for you.
- Your bus driver may not speak English. If you have any questions, please call the emergency phone number found on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be entitled to a refund; but if your ship is late, the departure will be postponed to within 30 minutes after the ship docks. • Mobility scooters are not allowed on board.
- This tour is organized to minimize time spent on the bus. You will, however, spend more time on the bus due to the distance between Berlin and Sachsenhausen.
- Each shore excursion is adjusted to each ship's docking times, and starts promptly after your vessel's arrival, returning with plenty of time to spare before departure