My Guide Website?
Potsdam Private WW2 and Cold War Full Day Black Van Tour
Take a deep dive into the history of WW2 and the Cold War on this private day trip to Potsdam. You’ll visit the sites of crucial conferences and events and learn about the tragedy of divided Germany.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg District Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Alternative Berlin Walking Tour
- Berlin: Sights and Highlights Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Berlin: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus with Boat Options
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Discounts & Transport Berlin Zones (ABC)
- Visit the historic Potsdam, which played a key role in WW2 and the Cold War
- Learn about the Potsdam Conference and how it set the future of Germany
- See the famous “Bridge of Spies” where high-ranking spies were exchanged
- Visit Holocaust memorial sites such as Platform 17 and the Wannsee Conference
- Private drivers and local expert guides with deep knowledge of Potsdam history
DescriptionThis private Potsdam day tour is so much more than your basic history tour. With a local guide who is an expert in WW2 and the Cold War, you’ll hear historic anecdotes and thrilling stories — some quaint, some terribly sad, but all of them critical for understanding Germany’s past. After meeting at your hotel this private Potsdam tour begins with a stop at the Platform 17 memorial, where Berlin’s Jewish population was deported to Nazi extermination camps. You’ll then continue onto the industrialist villa used by the SS, where the infamous Wannsee Conference took place and the fate of Europe’s Jewish population was negotiated. From there, your Potsdam WW2 tour leads you to the former Hohenzollern-Schloss Cecilienhof, where heads of state negotiated in the summer of 1945 about the future of defeated Nazi Germany — the results of which would have a lasting impact on German history. Your tour includes tickets to go inside and join a guided audio tour. As a result of the Potsdam Conference, the Cold War left lasting traces in the area. See the Glienicke Bridge, the isolated exchange point for high-ranking spies between East and West, made famous by Steven Spielberg’s film “Bridge of Spies.” Visit the Soviet War Cemetery and the former prison of the Soviet military counterintelligence, complete with the remains of former torture cells. On your way back to Berlin, a visit to Teufelsberg, also known as Devil’s Mountain, rounds off your Potsdam tour (time permitting). This hill made of debris covers an unfinished Nazi military college and was the site of a huge U.S. listening station during the Cold War — the ruins of which can still be seen today. Never boring or dry, this interactive Potsdam tour is a lively conversation about the events that changed the 20th century, and a must for anyone interested in WW2 and Cold War history. About Our Guides Our Berlin tour guides are more than just guides — they are true characters of the city, with deep knowledge of Berlin’s history and politics. What’s more, many of our guides were eyewitnesses to the Cold War and have personal stories to share with you about their lives during that time.
IncludesPrivate Expert Guide Pick up and Drop off at your Hotel Entrance or Admission Fees Full Day Private Driver/Black Van
- Our guides are experts in their subjects, but this is your private tour, and the city has no shortage of fascinating places to see. It’s our pleasure to tailor this tour to suit your interests. Simply tell us where your interests lie, and we’ll be happy to accommodate your wishes.