My Guide Website?
Hidden Berlin Walking Tour with a Local3 Reviews
Discover what the former East Berlin was really like from cultural traditions and anarchic rebellions to dividing walls and creative energy, this tour will take you behind the scenes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Go back in time and see the Berlin Wall through virtual reality headsets
- Learn all about the Cold War and East Berlin’s dramatic transformation
- Explore the history of Berlin’s most creative neighborhoods
- Discover where Martin Luther King held his famous speech in 1964
- Join a carbon neutral tour, organized and led by an eco-certified tour operator
DescriptionDiscover the hidden Berlin on this 4-hour walking tour. Meet at the entrance of the Melia Hotel at Friedrichstraße 103. This is a small grouped tour of no more than 12 people and led by a knowledgeable guide, ensuring you a personalized experience. The first place you will visit is the Palace of Tears. Your guide will teach you about the turbulent events which gave this place its name. Visit the sites where Jewish children were rescued in the Kindertransport system. From here you will go on to visit the famous Humboldt University. Next is the Museum Island. Boasting world-class museums, this is a UNESCO world heritage site. Glimpse the impressive Neoclassical architecture of the Neueus and Altes Museums. If you get a little closer you will see the scars that haunt these building from the Second World War even today. The New Synagogue is a site not to be missed in Berlin. You will hear stories of the “Reichkristallnacht” from your guide. Delving deeper into the Jewish identity of this city, you will visit the grave of one of the most famous Jews – Moses Mendelssohn. You will learn more about this man including how he made a career as a baker during the war, and you can visit the bakery, too. Perhaps the most famous of Berlin’s monuments due to its relatively recent collapse, is the Berlin Wall. Learn about the mechanism of the Wall and how it became a potent symbol of the Cold War. Through original documents, maps and images, you will learn how Berlin has transformed to the city it is today. You’ll finish the tour with a mind-blowing, exclusive experience at the notorious Berlin Wall, where you will see the wall through virtual reality headsets. Your guide will take you back in time to when the wall was built, until its demolition from an east and a west perspective. This is a unique experience that’s not being offered by any other tour company at the moment. This local supplier offers you a truly unique insight into the incredible German capital. Your local guide will be full of insider knowledge that they will share with you all along the way, giving you an exclusive look into the transformation of Berlin over the last century.
IncludesEnglish-speaking local tour guide Drink Local snack
- This tour is organized and led by the world's largest travel B-Corp certified company. B-Corp Certification measures a company’s social and environmental impacts and responsible tourism practices
- A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable. Dependent on weather, wet weather gear is useful
- Child policy: children must be aged between 6 and 11 years of age. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this walking tour