My Guide Website?
Gardens & Palaces of Potsdam Bike Tour from Berlin35 Reviews
Potsdam is Berlin’s most popular destination for day trips and a playground for a bicyclist, with many Prussian and Cold War sights tucked deep in verdant parks and along quiet alleyways. On this 6.5-hour tour from Berlin, explore Potsdam’s many sights.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Berlin: Prenzlauer Berg District Guided Walking Tour
- Berlin: Alternative Berlin Walking Tour
- Berlin: Sights and Highlights Bike Tour with a Local Guide
- Berlin: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Bus with Boat Options
- Berlin WelcomeCard: Discounts & Transport Berlin Zones (ABC)
- Appreciate the power, lifestyle, and grandeur of the Hohenzollern legacy
- Understand the impact the Potsdam Agreement had on Europe
- Explore the vibrant university city of Potsdam
DescriptionStart the tour at the main entrance of the TV Tower in Alexanderplatz. From there, take the train to Potsdam. Once there, you will leisurely explore the various palaces and gardens of Potsdam and Sanssouci, covering about 10 miles (16km) in roughly 4.5 hours. Explore the Prussian palace complex of Sanssouci, home to the famous Orangerie, two palaces, as well as many beautiful gardens, parks, and buildings. Then make your way through Potsdam’s historic center, including the Dutch Quarter and Potsdam’s own Brandenburg Gate. In the New Gardens, see the fantastic Marble Palace, before going to Cecilienhof, where Truman, Stalin, and Churchill concluded the Potsdam Agreement. Finally, explore the area’s extensive Cold War history with a visit to the no-man’s land between West Berlin and East Germany and over the Glienicke Bridge where Cold War spy exchanges routinely took place.
IncludesBikes Live tour guide Transportation to and from Potsdam by train Stop for lunch (cost not included)
- This tour runs rain or shine
- On cold weather days, free gloves are provided
- Rain ponchos are available for purchase in the local partner's shop should you desire one; if you don't use it, you can get a refund