My Guide Website?
From Berlin: Potsdam 5-Hour Tour by VW Bus12 Reviews
Discover Potsdam’s fascinating history on this 5-hour tour from Berlin by comfortable VW bus. Explore the sights, stroll through the parks, marvel at the magnificent palaces, and enjoy the view of Potsdam from the Belvedere on the Pfingstberg.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a tour of Potsdam away from the mass of tourists
- Explore the city by VW bus and stroll through the park grounds
- Read related reading material during the drive
- Enjoy the scenery of the Havel landscape and the Glienicke Bridge
- Admire the old market square and learn how it was designed by Frederick the Great
- Visit the Dutch Quarter, now more attractive than ever
- Enjoy a stroll through Park Sanssouci
- Explore the New Garden and the Cecilienhof Palace
- Enjoy the fantastic view from Belvedere on the Pfingstberg
- See Sacrow Park and the Church of the Redeemer
DescriptionClimb aboard the comfortable VW bus and discover Potsdam, the stronghold of the Hohenzollern for almost 300 years. Admire the fascinating cultural landscape, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, comprised of almost 20 palaces and extensive park grounds surrounding Baroque architecture. See the beautiful Charlottenburg Palace and head along Königsstraße to the first park in the cultural landscape of Potsdam: Park Babelsberg. Here you will make your first stop before continuing on across the Glienicke Bridge and the Berlin suburb to the old market square with St. Nicholas’ Church, the old town hall, and the new parliament building, modeled closely on the old city palace. Drive through the Dutch Quarter to Bornstedt Crown Estate, where you can stroll towards Park Sanssouci. The first stop there is at the palace of the same name with its fascinating Baroque garden. Depending on the time and your interests, you can explore further attractions in the park including the Marly Garden of the soldier king, the Church of Peace, and Charlottenhof Palace by Frederick William IV, the New Palace, and the gallery of Frederick the Great. Drive in the VW bus through the Russian colony Alexandrowka and the “Forbidden City”, the European headquarters of the KGB during the Cold War, to the New Garden, where you will find the Marble Palace and Cecilienhof Palace. From the nearby Belvedere on the Pfingstberg you will have a fantastic view of Potsdam and its highlights.
IncludesTransport by comfortable, air-conditioned VW bus Tour guide Related reading material onboard
- Most of the palaces in Potsdam (except the New Palace) are closed on Mondays.