My Guide Website?
Dresden Highlights Private Trip from Berlin Day by Car
Fall in love with Dresden, a city formerly known as Germany’s Jewel Box, full of cultural and artistic splendor. Explore the wonderful Frauenkirche, Brühl's Terrace, Zwinger palace and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Berlin:If youʻre booking your trip to Berlin last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Dresden’s Old Town with a 5-Stars Local Guide
- Admire Dresden’s top churches - Frauenkirche and the Dresden Cathedral
- Discover royal heritage at Zwinger and the Dresden Castle
- Enjoy free time for souvenir shopping and lunch
- Take advantage of private car transfers from Berlin
DescriptionDresden has produced some of the world's most splendid works of art, sculpture and architecture and you can now visit its top attractions on a full-day trip from Berlin! Discover the city’s royal heritage, outstanding religious architecture, and restored historic buildings that testify to Dresden’s reputation as “Florence on the Elbe”. Let us take you on an adventure! Your 10-hour tour will begin with a convenient pickup from your accommodation. We will organize an Experienced Driver and a private vehicle for your round-trip transfer from Berlin. Upon arrival in Dresden, you will meet a Local Guide who knows the must-see sights and hidden gems of the Old Town, along with plenty of historical facts and cultural anecdotes about this “Jewel Box” city. The walking tour will begin at the historic Schlossplatz Square, which features amazing buildings such as the Stallhof with its classical pillars and the famous Procession of Princes mural. Step inside the imposing Dresden Cathedral (Hofkirche) to see the old High Altar and 18th-century sculptures and allegories. Follow your Private Guide to the lavish opera house Semperoper and enter the courtyard of the majestic Zwinger Palace to admire its extraordinary Baroque architecture and gardens. See also the 400-year-old Dresden Castle, a restored royal palace of the Alberine House of Wettin and Kings of Poland. Take a stroll to the Old Market Square to hear amazing stories from medieval times, see the Town Hall and the towering Holy Cross Church, then visit the New Market Square. Admire the beautifully restored city center and step inside its prized jewel - the magnificent Frauenkirche, whose remarkable reconstruction began after the reunification of Germany. Finally, enjoy a walk along Brühl's Terrace, also known as “The Balcony of Europe,” along the Elbe. At the end of the guided tour, you will also have free time to explore on your own, do souvenir shopping or dine at one of Dresden’s many trendy restaurants.
IncludesFull-day car trip from Berlin to Dresden Licensed Dresden Guide who is fluent in chosen language Visit to Dresden Cathedral and Frauenkirche Entry to free parts of Zwinger and Dresden Castle Car transfers with a pickup and drop-off service
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. We will arrange private transfers in a standard car (sedan) for groups of 1-4 people, and in a large van for groups of 5 people and more. If you're traveling in a smaller group but want to travel in a more spacious car, we recommend booking a tour for 5 people to take advantage of the van transport. During the tour, lunch and table reservations can be arranged at your request. Please note that churches have limited opening times, and visiting them during scheduled events and the daily, Sunday and holiday masses is restricted. will only take place from the outside. Frauenkirche is an open church with free admission, however donations are strongly encouraged to support further renovation and preservation of this historic landmark.