My Guide Website?
- Take an all-day tour of Berlin from your cruise ship docking in Warnemünde or Rostock
- Learn about Germany's history and explore its vibrant capital
- See the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Jewish Memorial, and much more
- Relax as the tour guide points the most interesting spots in the city
- Return to the cruise ship with plenty of time to spare before its departure
DescriptionThis shore excursion is adjusted to each ship’s docking times and starts promptly after your vessel’s arrival, returning with plenty of time to spare - ensuring that you will not miss your cruise ship’s departure. Meet your host in front of your cruise ship as soon as it docks. Board a comfortable, air-conditioned bus and take a relaxing journey through the picturesque flatlands of East Germany. Arrive in Berlin and meet your professional English-speaking tour guide. Begin the tour in West Berlin at the Charlottenburg Palace. Stretch your legs as your knowledgeable local guide gives you an introduction to the city. Then, drive through the former British sector along Berlin’s Champs-Élysées - the Kurfürstendamm, past the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the KaDeWe, the largest department store in continental Europe. Next, head to East Berlin - visiting the impressive parliament building, the Reichstag - on the way. Stroll through the famous Brandenburg Gate and nearby Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Admire the Tiergarten central park, the Victory Column, a Soviet memorial, the Memorial to the Murdered Sinti and Roma as well as the Paris Square. Continue on to the site of Hitler’s bunker, through Potsdamer Platz to one of the few remaining pieces of the Berlin Wall before reaching the former site of the Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo, today known as the Topography of Terror. Next is your chance to pass through Checkpoint Charlie – the most famous crossing point between East and West Berlin during the Cold War - and visit the former US sector. After some free time for lunch (not included in the tour price), continue the tour through the former Soviet sector of East Berlin to visit the spectacular Gendarmenmarkt and Bebelplatz – famous for being the ‘Nazi Book Burning Square’. Visit Berlin’s historic former Royal Quarter – the beautiful boulevard of Unter den Linden, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Museum Island, the Berlin Cathedral, and Alexanderplatz with its iconic TV Tower. Time permitting, your tour guide might drive past the longest remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall with its world-famous graffiti – the East Side Gallery or stop in the former Jewish Quarter, which has recently become the fashion and art center of the German capital. At the end of your Berlin tour, say goodbye to your tour guide, and be whisked off in comfort back to your cruise ship.
IncludesTravel to and from Berlin in an air-conditioned vehicle Professional local tour guide on-site in Berlin Headsets will be provided for groups of 20 or more people
- This tour will include some walking. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing, and an umbrella
- You will be able to store your possessions on the bus
- If you have walking difficulties you may rest on the bus if you prefer. You may also bring a foldable wheelchair, a walker or any other light and compact walking aid – however, please inform the supplier in advance
- Please bring some drinks and snacks with you onto the bus
- There will be a lunch break approximately mid-way through the tour, but lunch is not included in the price